Consultations will be charged at an hourly rate, barring the initial meeting which is free of charge. Follow-up meetings and data analysis are charged at the same rates. Please note that these are estimated rates, and that they may be subject to a formal costing procedure. In addition, the estimated rates are applicable for clients serviced directly by members of the SCS only: specialist rates may apply for members of the Statistical Sciences Department not involved with the service.
Annual Revision of Rates
- The SCS may adjust rates at the beginning of a calendar year. Clients whose projects span over multiple years will be informed of such changes. The rates corresponding to the year in which services are rendered will be applied.
Consultation Rates for 2017 (meetings and all other time required on the project)
- Corporate, NGO or equivalent: R1500.00 + VAT per hour
- External Academic: R700.00 + VAT per hour
- UCT-based: R150.00+ VAT per hour (Science Faculty), R400.00 + VAT per hour (all other faculties)
- Note: VAT is not charged on internal fund transfers for UCT-based researchers. It is up to the client to indicate the method of payment preferred, prior to the issuing of any invoice.