Office: PD Hahn 5.51
Tel: +27 21 650 3758
Research Interests: Exchangeability; Moment Problems; Extreme Value Theory; Multiple-Phase Sampling; Statistical Applications to Financial Data.
- STA3043S – Decision Theory and Generalised Linear Models
- 2014–Present, Lecturer, Department of Statistical Sciences, University of Cape Town
- 2011–2014, Lecturer, School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- 2005–2011, Contract Lecturer, School of Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of KwaZulu-Natal
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow of the Cambridge Commonwealth Society
- Member of the South African Statistical Association
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society
- K. Chinhamu, C-K. Huang, C-S. Huang and M. J. Hammujuddy (2014). Empirical analyses of extreme value models for the South African Mining Index. South African Journal of Economics, early view.
- C-S. Huang, C-K. Huang and K. Chinhamu (2014). Assessing the relative performance of heavy-tailed distributions: Empirical evidence from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Journal of Applied Business Research, 30(4), 1263-1286.
- C-K. Huang (2014). On exchangeability and Hausdorff moment problems over k-dimensional simplexes. South African Statistical Journal, 48(1), 73-81.
- C-K. Huang, K. Chinhamu, C-S. Huang and M. J. Hammujuddy (2014). Generalized hyperbolic distributions and Value-at-Risk estimation for the South African Mining Index. International Business & Economics Research Journal, 13(2), 319-328.
- K. Chinhamu, C-K. Huang, M. J. Hammujuddy and C-S. Huang (2013). Modeling the South African Mining Index with generalized hyperbolic distributions. Proceedings of the 55th Annual Conference of the South African Statistical Association for 2013 (SASA 2013), 7-14.