Workshop on Advanced Statistical Methods for Complex Data
28-31 January 2020, University of Cape Town
This workshop aims to bring together statisticians and medical researchers especially but not exclusively working in the areas of HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria and heart disease. This is a follow-up workshop on two workshops sponsored by the Academy for Medical Sciences Newton Fund. We acknowledge the funding with gratitude. Three international experts will present mini-series on statistical modelling approaches to disease mapping (Dr. Johnson), flexible regression models (Dr. Low) and statistics in forensic genetics (Professor Mortera).
Talks are invited on one of the workshop topics or in medical and health research.
Invited Keynote Speakers:
Venue: Department of Statistical Sciences, 4th-floor seminar room, PD Hahn Building, University of Cape Town. (Enter from parking area P9 and seminar room will be on your left.)
Registration, tea, and lunch are free. Attendees are responsible for their own accommodation and travel arrangements and costs.
Please register for the workshop before 13 January 2020 by completing the form here.
- Masters/PhD students must provide a short statement to motivate their attendance at the workshop on the registration form.
- For established researchers, please note: The workshop will be limited to 30 participants. If you do not intend to give a talk at the workshop, you will be notified, via email, whether you have been accepted for the workshop by 14 January 2020.
Accommodation is available at the UCT campus and at establishments near UCT. Please consult the list below for accommodation options. Other options may be found online.
- All Africa House - http://www.accommodation.uct.ac.za/aah/about/welcome/ (At UCT)
- Medindi Manor - https://www.medindimanor.com/ (complementary shuttle to UCT)
- Little Scotia - http://www.scotia.co.za/ (walking distance to UCT)
- Rondebosch Manor - http://www.rondeboschmanor.co.za/
- Protea Hotel Mowbray - http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cptmw-protea-hotel-cape-town-mowbray/ (contact: Zandri Kemp Zandri.Kempt@proteahotels.com)
For more information contact: Associate Professor Freedom Gumedze (Freedom.Gumedze@uct.ac.za)